Last Updated: July 17, 2023
Users must be the age of Majority or older (18 in most states of the United States; older in some jurisdictions) to register with us. While individuals under the age of 18 (but not younger than 13) may use the Services, they must do so only with the consent and involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account and otherwise subject to our Terms and Conditions. Company does not seek through its Services to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13 . NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting children’s privacy online.
1. What information we collect about you and why;
2. How we use information about you;
3. How your information may be shared;
4. How we store and process information about you;
5. How long we will hold Personal Information about you;
6. How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
7. Cookies and our analysis tools;
8. Information over the Internet and other websites;
10. SMS Policy;
11. Legal disclaimer;
12. Shine the Light law; and
13. How to contact us.
1. What information we collect about you and why
We may collect two types of information: information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”), and information that is about you but individually does not identify you (“Non-Personal Information”). We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through the Services. Please note that we do not sell your Personal Information to anyone.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you use Company’s services. We collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, postal code, billing information and other information provided to Company when you create an account with us. We also acquire your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and/or mobile device identification, cookies and related tracking technologies, and website usage details, which certain jurisdictions consider to be Personal Information because this information could be used to identify an individual or device if combined with other identifying information. This information helps us to improve our Services and deliver a better and more personalized service.
- Customer Service Inquiries. We may capture Personal Information when you send us questions or comments regarding the Services and other inquiries. Information collected in this manner will only be used to contact you and/or respond to your inquiry/issue.
- Payment Information. All transactions are facilitated by a third-party payment processor. We do not collect or store financial or billing information and we are not responsible for the collection or storage of such information by third-parties.
- Third-Parties. We may also obtain Personal Information about you through third-party sources such as public databases, social media platforms and or affiliates.
- Careers and Internship Opportunities. When you submit your resume via email, we may keep a record of your contact information and resume. We may use such information to respond to you.
- Press and Media. We may capture your Personal Information when you contact us about press inquiries or opportunities to collaborate with us.
- We do not request on or through the Services other information that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), or government-issued identification (e.g., your social security card, drivers’ license, or passport), although we reserve the right to do so when such information is necessary to verify your billing information.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What Non-Personal Information Do We Collect?
Some of the information that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some information that could be considered Personal Information when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous information about other users.
2. How we use information about you
We may use the Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
- to provide our Services;
- to provide you with updates and relevant information about the Services, offers, promotions, news, events and other relevant information. Such direct marketing shall be sent in response to a request from you to receive marketing emails or similar communications. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails or other communications from us, please refer to the “How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us” Section below;
- to quickly process your requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
- to monitor the statistics in connection with the Services;
- to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
- to access third-party services if you connect your account with such third-party services;
- to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using the Services, to help protect the security or integrity of the Services, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of the Services and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose; and
- to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
3. How your information may be shared:
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ Personal Information unless we receive their consent. That being said, in the following situations, we may share Personal Information with outside parties:
- Partners, Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to our partners, third-party consultants and service providers to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us;
- Third-Party Service Providers. Functionalities (called plugins) of different social networks operated by third-party providers (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google) are integrated with our Services and allow you to connect your accounts with the Services. Should you connect your social network account(s) with the Services, Personal Information may be communicated to the third-party providers. Company has no control over the transmission of Personal Information to the third-party providers and takes no responsibility for any processing of your Personal Information by these third-party providers. Please refer to the privacy policies of these third-party services before connecting your social network accounts with the Services.
- Reorganization or Sale. In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity;
- To Help Protect Minor Users of the Services. In the event that the safety of our users is threatened, and we are able to do something about that by sharing Personal Information with third parties, we reserve the right to do so. This may be done to prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using the Services, to help protect the security or integrity of the Services, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your express consent.
In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
In addition, Data obtained through the short code program will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
4. How we store and process information about you
The Services are provided in the United States. To communicate with you about offers and opportunities, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by Company in the United States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) preparing and sending notifications; (ii) the processing of payment details; and (iii) the provision of support services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF OUR SERVICES.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. How long we will hold Personal Information about you
We will hold Personal Information about you on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, subject to any applicable laws and/or regulations. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration, once an account is deleted, we will not use the Personal Information about you other than for administrative purposes.
6. How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us
If you do not wish to have your information used by Company to promote our products or Services or share other relevant information, you can opt-out by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Company marketing newsletter and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you, or by sending us an email stating your request [email protected]. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase.
7. Cookies and our analysis tools
We use one or more third-party analytics services to evaluate your use of the Services, compile reports on activity (based on their collection of IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type, operating system and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, data and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections you visit, number of links clicked, search terms and other similar usage data), and to analyze performance metrics.
8. Information over the Internet and other websites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the Services, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
10. SMS Policy
If you opt-in to receive SMS messaging, please note the following:
- You may cancel the SMS service at any time by texting "STOP" to the short code. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again;
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at [email protected];
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages;
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency may vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
11. Legal disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control with respect to the terms herein. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee, nor do we represent that our Services will be error-free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your Personal Information.
12. Shine the Light law
13. How to contact us